I was nominated by dear Sempreviva and Kymber for the Versatile Award a little while ago, and although at the time I wasn’t going to do it, today freja64 kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award as well. So I decided to do them at the same time, thank you lovelies ❤ I will extend my answers beyond the focus of the questions so beware, lots of rambling coming up!
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award. That’s a lot of bloggers when you’re a newbie. I won’t be offended if you choose not to “do anything with it.”
- Autumn is my favourite season. I just love the crisp and sunny days that are cold but in a nice way.
- I took dance classes for ten years- jazz, ballet, contemporary and tap.
- Golden Retrievers are my favourite type of dog. Adorable as puppies and beautiful as adults, and they have such nice temperaments as well.
- I have a kinda weird memory in that I will memorise things very well but forget them the instant I don’t need the information anymore. Sometimes that is not very helpful, aka I have already forgotten how to do high school maths 😛
- I am super ambitious so I have *too* many goals in life, but one of the mains is to go on a luxury food-and-architecture trip around Europe and other notable destinations when I am older.
- Relating to that, I enjoy cooking up fresh and healthy meals of my own design. Hopefully I can actually do that when I move out of the house in the future.
- I like painting but it takes quite a long time, so I don’t paint often. And that I mean I only have two proper paintings from the last three years, one of which is still in the works as you can see below. If you would like to glimpse my progress on it + my bullet journal, here is my Instagram.
I think everyone has already done this award but if you haven’t, I tag you! *boop*
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to creative, positive, inspiring bloggers who spread sunshine to the blogging community.
– In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
- Why did you start writing? Ooh, funny. My first time storywriting was when I was 13. I was in my first year of high school and got placed in the advanced class, but the interesting thing about that was the class being the loudest and craziest family of kids you could find. The shenanigans that happened were hilarious, so two friends and I began writing an Alternate Universe type story that starred our class in an impossibly rich and luxurious school (in reality, my high school was a cheap public school), with alternate names for each and every classmate. My name was Lila Lemon, which as you can guess resulted in my online name (Remonn is the Japanese ‘version’). The events that conspired in the weekly chapters, that we posted in the class Facebook group, were exaggerated but all based on funny events that happened in real life. I still have the document, the whole story of that year ended up being 40k words lmao. That year is the only one I enjoyed in school, the rest was super boring and crap because then our class got split up 😦 ANYWAY, that’s how I discovered the joys of creative writing, and I have been brewing up many stories (all unfinished lol) ever since.
- Where do you write your stories? Always on the computer. Everything but this legacy is written on Google Docs. Physically, I usually write at my desk or on my bed. I’m lying down like a seal while typing this.
- Do you write the story first or are you inspired by your gameplay? You guys know this haha.
- Have you ever used a version of “yourself” in a story? No, I would make for a very unlikeable character lmao. Each character has a bit of me, though; Cherry has my cynicism, Luc my love for the MCU, Gabriel my antisocial tendencies, Lilith my low tolerance for stupidity, etc.
- Do you listen to music while writing / playing? If yes, what kind? I used to but for some reason not anymore. I have a Youtube playlist with sort of theme songs for this generation. I stopped including songs with the chapters because I think they just distract from the writing.
- What kind of books do you read and why? YA Fiction, I guess? I like dystopian. The most recent book I have read and loved was The Martian by Andy Weir. I really enjoyed the science elements and humour. I don’t like books with romance because gosh, the teenage characters literally do the dumbest stuff, but sometimes I stand it for the sake of writing relationships in the legacy.
- Which of your characters could be your roomie? I think Lilith and I would probably get along pretty well.
- Have you ever imagined getting your story published? Of course not the legacy, but I have a novel that I began soon after I started that AU class story. It’s been in the works for five years and currently it’s just a plan because I keep on changing stuff. But one day I want to publish something.
- Have you already cried while writing something particularly moving? I never cry while writing or reading stories, I’m not particularly sentimental as you may have derived 😀
- Is there someone who reads your stories and who gives you feedback before publishing? OH GOSH LOL my little sister @SimmeraldOtter actually has gone through and corrected the punctuation/grammar in the latest chapters, without asking .___. However, she asks me to help a bit with her description.
- Have you ever wanted to be like one of your characters? Again, Lilith. She has a genuinely sharp and powerful demeanor. I’m almost as impatient yet friendly as her but I’m also sensitive, so I end up being nice to people I don’t like and that lands me friendships I don’t want. But I guess I don’t have enemies because of that lol.
I am too tired to think of more questions now, sorry 😛
Well, that took way longer than expected! I am supposed to be working on university things right now 0___0 Unfortunately, I also feel the tremendous urge to go in game for pictures, because I have pretty much finished writing Chapter 3.13, and I am excited to share that chapter with you all. For now I will just go to sleep hehe 🙂